Main Article Content
This research examined the incidents of farmers and herdsmen conflicts with the interest in the experience in South Western Nigeria .Through inter application of structural functionalist and conflict theories, the study delved into the investigation of the causes and the impact of farmers and herders conflict on the entrepreneurship practice and security standard of the South western Nigeria with the aim of providing information on the intricacies of the conflicts in the Ondo and Oyo state, Nigeria.Standard questionnaire was used to obtained information from 195 respondents. Descriptive analysis was adopted in carrying out the findings. Therefore, a random sampling through distribution of questionnaire was done. In addition, the secondary data such as books, relevant research articles, newspapers and government publications in Nigeria was applied. Data analysis was done, the findings attested to the fact that farmers and herdsmen conflicts are not caused by a single reason but are stimulated by multi-causal factors which majorly includes limited resources in face of greater need, reprise attack and shortage of pasture lands even climate change among others and this have great effect on entrepreneurial practice and economic activities of the people. The study also discovered that farmers-herdsmen conflicts have disintegrative concequence on the Nigerian state inspite of the region. The study recommended that every arms of the society should seek the restoration of earlier symbiosis relationship between farmers and herdsmen in Nigeria and Peace studies should be integrate to our educational system and make it compulsory subject from primary school level up to university level.
- Abbas,I.M.(2018).No Retreat No Surrender Conflict For Survival Between Fulani Cattle Herders And Farmers In Northern Nigeria. European Scientific Journal,Vol.8(1)
- Abdui, R. Y., Remi, A. and Oyedolapo, B. D. (2014).PCR 271 Understanding Conflict and War .Published by National Open University Of Nigeria [NOUN].ISBN 978-058-477-0.
- Abiodun,I. (2016). Bloodbath In Enugu On Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 .Retrieved from https:www.vanguardngr.com 2016/04/ bloodbathenugu-fulani-herdsmen-kill-40 .
- Adekoya, O.(2017).An Examination Of Effect Of Entrepreneurship Capability On The Prospect And Challenging of Setting-Up A Small Scale Business in Nigeria; A Case Study Of Banks Of Industry, Nigeria. International Journal Of Entrepreneurship Innovation And Management (KWASU).2(2/3).
- Adisa, R. S.,(2012). Land Use Conflict Between Farmers And Herdsmen; Implications For Agricultural And Rural Development In Nigeria .10.5772/45787.
- Ajibo, H. T. (2018).Dynamics Of Farmers And Herdsmen Conflict In Nigeria; The Implication To Social Work Policy Intervention. International Journal Of Humanities And Social Science. Vol.8(7).
- Christopher, N. I.(2018).A Critical Analysis Of Conflicts Between Herdsmen And Farmers In Nigeria. Causes And Socio-Religious And Political Effect On National Development. ADSIS Publishing. Vol.74 (1).
- Aliyu, A. S.(2015).Causes And Resolution Of Conflict Between Cattle Herders And Crop Farmers In Kastina State. A Published M. Sc. Dissertation By The School Of Post Graduate Studies, Amadu Bello University Zaria. Pp 1-74.
- Aliyu, M. K.,Ikedinma, H. A. and Akinwande, A. E. (2018). Assessment Of Farmers-Herdsmen Conflict On National Integration In Nigeria. International Journal Of Humanities And Social Science. Vol.8(10) October,2018.
- Coser, L. A.(2000).Continuities In The Study Of Social Conflict, London. Macmillan Publisher. Retrieved From www.amazon.com.
- Doyin, T.(2017).An Empirical Investigation To Incessant Killing In Nigeria. Journal Of Philosophy, Issue 5.67-82.
- Fasona, M. J. and Omojola, A. S.(2005). Climate Change, Human Security And Communal Clashes In Nigeria. Paper Presented at International Workshop In Human Security And Climate Change. Holmen Fjord Hotel, Oslo. October 21 – 23,2005.Pp 3-13.
- Femi, P., Oki, M. and Adekole, I.(2007).PCR 815:Peace and Humanitarianism. Published By National Open University Of Nigeria(NOUN). Pp56.
- John, G. O.(2019). Information And Communications Technology For Conflict Prevention. National Human Behavior Journal.3.1-2.10.1038/S 41562-019-058-5.
- Leme, A. U.(2017).Understanding Farmers- Herdsmen Conflict And The Way Forward. Retrieved From
- M0male, S. B.(2003). Resource Use Conflicts In Agricultural Pastorialists Area Of Nigeria. In Gefu, J. O. (Ed.) Land Tenure System In Nigeria. Evolving Effective Land Use Policy For Poverty Alleviation. Nigeria Land Network.
- Muhammad, B.(2015). How To Solve The Fulani Herdsmen Versus Farmers In Nigeria. By Miyetti Allah,Premium Times Online Newspaper,14th October,2015.Available at https;//www.premium-times.ng.com.htm/Accessed 13th December,2017.
- Morizt, M.(2010).Understanding Herder-Farmer Conflicts In West Africa. Online Of A Procession Approach Journal Of Human Organization. Vol.69(2),138-148.
- Ningxin Li, (2018). Nigerian’s Fulani Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict And Peace Building. Global Journal Of Agricultural Research. Vol.6(5). Pp. 1-5 December,(2018) .
- Nzeh, E. (2015).The Effect Of Migration By Nomadic Farms In Enugu State, Nigeria. Global Journal Science Frontier Research. Vol.15(3) 45-56 .
- Popoola,M.A.,Aminu,A.N. and Gbadeyan,R.A.(2018). Entrepreneurship Practice: As a Means of Poverty Reduction in southwestern Nigeria. Business Ethics and Leadership journal (Sumy state university). Volume 2(4),83-88.
- Popoola, M. A., Adewale, J. A., Idachaba, O. I. and Shittu, M. O.(2019). Analysis Towards Effective Policing In Crime Control And Prevention In Nigeria. IJARW/ISSN(0)-2582-1008. July 2019/Vol.1 Issue.1
- Rahim, M., A.(2010).Towards A Theory Of Managing Organizational Conflict. International Journal Of Conflict Management. Vol.13(3).
- Rebenstein, E. R.(2017).Resolving Structural Conflict ; How Structural Conflict Can Be Transformed. Published Abingdon, Oxon, NewYork, NY; Routtedge. An Inprint Of The Taylor And Francis Group,2017.ISBN 9781315665764 Electronic Book.
- Shittu, M. O.(2020). Farmers And Herders Conflict In South-West Nigeria. From 2011 – 20219; Unpublished M. Sc. Thesis. Department Of Peace Studies And Conflict Resolution, Faculty Of Social Science. National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN).