Main Article Content
Materials scientists, chemists, engineers, and manufacturers’ technical representatives have helped the concrete industry to improve our ability to control work times, workability, strength, and durability of Portland cement concrete by adding some supplementary substances named admixtures.
The function of each admixture focuses on a specific need, and each has been developed independently of the others. Some admixtures already have chemistry that affects more than one property of concrete, and some have simply been combined for ease of addition during the batching process. To better understand recommended usage for various application of these chemicals admixture in concrete, the present study is planned to be obtained more specific information in this direction.
In this investigation on performance of concrete with GGBS and different PCE based water reducing admixture the tests on compressive strength and Workability of the concrete with Ordinary Portland cement and Portland pozzolana cement with GGBS and admixture are carried out at different curing periods for M45 grade of concrete to conclude its behavior.
- C.S.Gulti, A.roy, J.B.Metcalf and R.K.Seals, Revised 21 April 1996. “The influence of admixtures on the strength and linear expansion of cement- stabilize phosphogypsum”.
- Prashant V. Ram and Jan Olek. “Influence of cement composition and admixture dosage on properties of rapid-setting SCC for repair application- lessons learned”, Purdue university, school of civil engineering west Lafayette IN- 47907
- Takahiro Nishita and Hiroshi Takiyama. “Influence of admixture impurities on the crystal quality of inorganic phosphorous compound”.
- P.J. Sereda, R.F. Feldman and V.S Ramachandran., “Influence of admixtures on the structure and strength development”. Reprinted from 7th International congress on the chemistry of cement. Vol. I, Paris 1980 p. VI-1/32-VI-1/44.
- April 2010, The Indian concrete journal. “Compatibility Issues between Cement and Chemical admixtures in concrete”.
- Ariel Darvasi and Sagiv Shifman. “The beauty of admixture” Volume 37 No.2 Feb 2005.