Main Article Content
The need to make curriculum content relevant so that learners can apply what they learned in school upon graduation, has been emphasized. Issues bothering on curriculum content, philosophy of pragmatism, 21st-century classroom, and relevance have been highlighted in this paper. It was recommended that: All stakeholders in education - teachers, school administrators, the government should adapt to changes that the 21st Century presents particularly in the area of technological advancements; For the fact that knowledge can quickly become obsolete in this era, learners should be equipped with problem-solving skills so that they will be able to face a contemporary problem; Curriculum content should be made relevant to the extent that what learners learn will be useful to them in their day-to-day activities.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Achuonye, K. A. andAjoku, L. I. (2013). Foundations of curriculum development and implementation. Port Harcourt: Pearl Publishers.
- Adegoke, B. (1998). Aspects of the nature of knowledge and the principles of content selection. In B. Adegoke and T. Busari (eds). Curriculum theory and the disciplines. Lagos: Jas Publishers, 78-95.
- Agina-Obu, T. O. (2016) Fundamental of curriculum theory and development. Port Harcourt: Emmanest Ventures Publication.
- Agwu, S. N. (2009). Emerging issues in curriculum development. In U. M. O. Ivowi, K. Nwufo, C. Nwagbara, J. Ukwungwu, I. E. Emah, G. Uya (eds). Curriculum theory and practice. Curriculum Organisation of Nigeria, 271-283.
- Arora, A. (2019). Education 2.0: Blueprint for the 21st century classroom. Retrieved on 11/08/2020 from https://www.sundayguardianlive.com/culture/education-2-0-blueprint-21st-century-classroom.
- Bluemington (2018). Pragmatism and education: Principles, methods, roles. Retrieved on 10/08/2020 from https://bluemington.com>pragmatis…
- Bluestein, J. (2012). Understanding schools in context. Accessed on 07/08/2020 from http://janebluestein.com>understa...
- Mkpa, M. A. and Izuagba, A. C. (2012). Curriculum studies & innovation. Owerri: Mercy Divine Publishers.
- The Glossary of Education Reform (2014). Relevance definition. Retrieved on 2/08/20 from https://www.edglossary.org >releva…
- Prensky, M. (2001). Digital natives, digital immigrant. Retrieved on 10/08/2020 from https://www.mrcprensky.com> …
- Omiebi-Davids, I. (2006). Fundamentals of curriculum development, Port Harcourt: Noni Publishers.
- 21stCentury Knowledge and Skills in Educator Preparation (2010). Retrieved on 4/09/20 from files.eric.ed.gov >:
- Roberson, R. (2013). Helping students find relevance. Retrieved 20/08/20 from https://www.apa.org >ptn> 2013/09.
- Ochoma, M. U. (2018). Collaborative skills: Vital in this age. African Journal of Higher Education Studies and Development. 7, 60 – 68.
- Ochoma, M. U. (2017). Fundamentals of curriculum studies and instruction. Port Harcourt: Kalisco Printing Press.
- Ochoma, M. U. (2016). Handbook teaching skills: Methods and practices. Port Harcourt: Crystl Publication.
- Matthew, E. (2019). How to promote student engagement in the classroom. Retrieved on 24/08/20 from https://www.classcraft.com.
- Lynch, J. (2017). How relevant is relevance to teaching? Retrieved on 20/08/20 from https://medium.com> how-relevant-…
- Librarianship Studies and Information Technology (2017). Knowledge. Retrieved on 4/09/20 from www.librarianshipstudies.com>kno…
- Latham, G. (2016). What are the qualities of teachers to teach 21st Century learners.Accessed on 07/08/2020 from http://www.researchgate.nt>post
- Kennedy, J. (2013). Book: The saber=tooth curriculum. Retrieved on 12/0/2020 from https://jameskennedymonash.wordpress.com>…….
- Johnson, B. and McElroy, T. M. (n.d.). The changing role of the teacher in the 21st century. Retrieved on 11/08/2020 from https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org> …
- Jamies’s Portfolio (n.d.). The saber-tooth curriculum. Retrieved on 12/08/2020 from https://jamiejalgood.weebly.com> s…
- Gonzalez, J. (2018). To learn, students need to do something. Retrieved on 11/08/2020 from www.cultofpedagogy.com
- Duru, V. N. (2011). Curriculum studies: Concepts, development and implementation. Owerri (Nigeria): Avan Global Publications.
- Busari, O. (1998). Curriculum planning, design and implementation. In B. Adegoke and T. Busari (eds). Curriculum theory and the disciplines. Lagos: Jas Publishers, 35-63.
- Busari, O. (1998). Curriculum and its development. In B. Adegoke and T. Busari (eds). Curriculum theory and the disciplines. Lagos: Jas Publishers, 1-23.
- Briggs, S. (2014). How to make learning relevant to your students (And why it’s crucial to their success). Retrieved on 20/08/20 rom https://www.opencolleges.edu.au> h…
- Boyd, N. (2014). Pragmatism:Overview and practical teaching examples – videos and lesson. Retrieved on 30/07/2020 from https://study.com> academy >prag …