Main Article Content
Pakistan is a democratic country but since its inception, it has deprived political background particularly in local self-Government. Pakistan’s history shows us that inconsistent civilian rules hindered the process of a viable democratic culture across all level. Time and again military engulfed the civilian political romance. Each military generals introduced the local self-government , General Ayyub introduced Basic democratic system in his regime, General Zia also introduced local government, their main aim was only to legitimize their own powers. But in last military coup by General Musharraf on 1999, the decentralization reforms in Pakistan can be seen
- Chaudhry, Abid G. 2009. "Citizen Community Boards: A Case of MalPractice in Devolution Plan." Pakistan Journal of History and Culture.
- Cheema, Ali. 2005. "Decentralization in Pakistan: Context, Content, Causes." John F. kennedy school of Government.
- Khan, Sajjad Ali. 2006. "Evolution of the Devolution Plan (2000): Local Government System Revived or Reformed?" Noragric Department of International Environment and Development Studies .
- Nazir hussain Shah, Tayyaba Syed, Mrs Shawar Hussain. 2016. "Comparison of local self government concepts of Ayyub and Musharrad Deveolution Plan." Gomal university journal of research.
- Shaban, Muhammad. 2014. "Women’s Empowerment in Local Government System of Pakistan: A Case Study of Musharaf Era." Asian Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities.