Main Article Content
The General Meeting of Shareholders (GMS) must be held no later than 6 (six) months after the financial year ends (Article 78 Paragraph 2 of The Company Law). When a company does not hold an annual GMS on a regular basis it can cause legal problems and cause losses to shareholders, especially minority shareholders, minority shareholders can not find out information on the company's conditions, company financial reports, etc. related to the company. The problem that became the discussion in this study was how to protect the law for minority shareholders for the implementation of the GMS that went beyond the period and how the legal consequences for the company.
The method used in this study is a normative juridical approach which emphasizes the legal literature source, namely legislation. The specifications of this study are in the research with descriptive analysis. The data collected in this thesis comes from books on law, especially relating and Limited Liability Companies, minority shareholders and Limited Liability Company Laws. The theory used in this thesis is the theory of legal protection and the theory of legal certainty.
The study results show that in the Law Number 40 year 2007 concerning Limited Liability Companies, there was little protection for minority shareholders if there was a delay in the implementation of the GMS, because there were no sanctions of any kind, so that it did not cause nay legal consequences for the company, although it can be said that if no GMS is implemented, the responsibility of the company has not been completed in that year. However, there are efforts that can be made by minority shareholders, namely by filling a lawsuit / or request to the head of the district court to obtain a determination to hold a GMS
- Abdulkadir Muhammad, Indonesian Company Law, Citra Aditya Bakti, Bandung, 1999,
- Achmad Ali, Uncovering the Legal Veil (A Philosophical and Sociological Study), Mount Agung, Jakarta, 2002
- Achmad Ali, Revealing the Theory of Law (legal theory) and Theory of Justice (judicial prudence) including the Interpretation of Law (legis prudence), Kencana, Jakarta, 2009
- Ahmad Yani and Gunawan Widjaja, Series of Business Law: Limited Liability Company. Jakarta: PT. Rajagrafindo Persada, 2006
- Anisitus Mandate, Discussion of the 1995 Limited Liability Company Law and Its Application in a Notary Deed, Rajawali Press, Jakarta, 1996
- Azizah, Limited Liability Company Law, Setara Press, East Java, 2016,
- Bahder Johan Nasution, Legal Science Research Methods, CV.Mandar Maju, Bandung, 2008
- Binoto Nadapdap, Limited Liability Company Law, Jala Permata Aksara, Jakarta, 2018.
- Chatamarrasjid Ais, Breakthrough of the Perseron Veil and Actual Problems of Company Law, Citra Aditya Bakti, Bandung, 2004
- C.S.T Kansil, Christine, and Kansil, "The Basics of Indonesian Commercial Law Knowledge", Jakarta, 2013
- Cornelius Simanjuntak and Natalie Mulia, Organ Limited Liability Company, Jakarta, Sinar Grafika, 2009
- E. Utrecht, Understanding in Indonesian Law, Cet. 6th, Ichtiar Book Hall, Jakarta, 1959
- Farida Hasyim, Commercial Law, Jakarta: Sinar Grafika, 2009
- Fence M. Wantu, Antinomy in Law Enforcement by Judges, Journal of Mimbar Hukum, Vol, 19 No.3, Faculty of Law, Gadjah Mada University, Yogyakarta, October 2007
- Frans Satrio Wicaksono, Responsibility of Shareholders, Directors and Commissioners of a Limited Liability Company (PT), Jakarta: Visimedia, 2009
- Fred, B.G Tumbuan, Limited Liability Companies and their Organs (a sketch), paper in the refresher course of the Indonesian Notary Association, Surabaya, 1988
- Gatot Supramono, Limited Liability Company Law, Djambat, Jakarta, 2009.
- Gunawan Widjadja, Individual and Collective Rights of Shareholders, First Jakarta: Forum Sahabat, 2008.
- Gunawan Widjaja, Legal Risks as Directors, Commissioners and Owners of PT, Forum Sahabat, Jakarta, 2008
- Gunawan Widjaya, Responsibility of the Directors for Bankruptcy of Limited Liability Companies, Rajagrafindo Persada, Jakarta, 2003,
- Handri Raharjo, Corporate Law, Pustaka Yustisia, Yogyakarta, 2009
- Hans Kelsen (In Peter Mahmud Marzuki, 2008: 153), Introduction to Law, Kencana, Jakarta
- Henry Campbell Black, Black's Law Dictionary, 8th ed. St. Paul Minn, West Publishing Co, 2004
- Ian Ramsay, Litigation by Shareholders An Directors: An Emprical Study of the Statutory Derivative action, Center, for Corporate Law and Securities Regulation, The University of Melbourne, 2006
- I.G. Rai Widjaya, "Company Law and Laws and Implementing Regulations in the Field of Business". KBI, Jakarta, 2000
- I.G. Rai Widjaja, Limited Liability Company Law, Jakarta: Kesaint Blanc, 2003
- Jimly Asshiddiqie, In Towards a Democratic Law State, PT Buana Ilmu Popular, Jakarta, 2009
- Jonathan Sarwono, Quantitative & Qualitative Research Methods, Mandar Maju, Yogyakarta, 2008
- M. Yahya Harahap, Limited Liability Company Law, Second Edition, Jakarta: Sinar Garfika, 2009
- Misahardi Wilamata, Rights of Minority Shareholders in the Framework of Good Corporate Governance, Faculty of Law, University of Indonesia, Jakarta, 2002
- Munir Fuady I, Limited Liability Company, New Paradigm, Citra Aditya Bakti, Bandung, 2003
- Munir Fuady, Protection of Minority Shareholders, Bandung: Cv. Utomo, 2005.
- Peter Mahmud Marzuki, Introduction to Legal Studies, Kencana Pranada Media Group, Jakarta, 2008
- Philipus M.Hadjon, Legal Protection for the Indonesian People, PT.Bima Ilmu, Surabaya, 1987
- Repowijoyo (Dissertation), Legal Protection for Minority Shareholders, Brawijaya, 22 January 2010
- Rianto Adi, Legal Aspects in Research, Pustaka Obor Indonesia Foundation, Jakarta, 2015
- Ridwan Khairandy, Limited Liability Company Law, FH UII Press, Yogyakarta, 2014
- Robert W. Hamilton, The Law of Corporation In a Nutshell, West Group, USA, St, Paul Minn, 2000
- Rochmat Soemitro, Limited Liability Company Prosecution with the Company Tax Law, PT.Eresco Bandung, 1979
- Rudhi Prasetya, Limited Liability Company Theory & Practice, Jakarta: Sinar Grafika, 2011
- Rudhi Prasetya, Comparison between Law Number 40 of 2007 and Provisions in the KUHD concerning Limited Liability Companies, Paper presented at the National Seminar on Law Number 40 of 2007 concerning Limited Liability Companies, Faculty of Law, University of Seventeen August, Semarang, 2007
- Salim HS, Contract Law and Theory and Contract Formulation Techniques, Sinar Grafika, Jakarta, 2003
- Satjipto Raharjo, Law Science, PT. Citra Aditya Bakti, Bandung, 2000
- Soerjono Soekanto, replacement for Legal Research, UI Press, 1982
- Soerjono Soekanto, Legal Awareness and Legal Compliance, Rajawali, Jakarta, 1982
- Soerjono Soekanto, Law Enforcement, Bina Cipta, Bandung, 1983,
- Soerjono Soekanto, replacement for Legal Research, UI Press, 2014
- Sudikno Mertokusumo, Invention of Law, Citra Aditya Bakti, Bandung, 2009.
- Sutan Remy, Syndicated Credit, Formation Process and Legal Aspects, Midas Surya Grafindo, Jakarta
- Sutiono, Rule of Law (Supremacy of Law), Master of Law Science, Postgraduate Program, Sebelas Maret University, Surakarta, 2004
- Taqiyuddin Kadir, Derivative Lawsuit, Legal Protection for Minority Shareholders, Jakarta, Sinar Grafika, 2017
- Tuti Rastuti, Ins and Outs of Company and Company Law, Refika Aditama, Bandung, 2015