Main Article Content
The implementation of automobile technology education curriculum to produce technological know-how graduates through effective teaching and learning in higher institutions cannot be achieved without the availability and utilization of mechatronics facilities. The paper investigated the availability and utilization of mechatronics facilities in higher institutions in North-Central, Nigeria and the way forward. The paper highlighted on the concept of high institution, mechatronics systems, automotive mechatronics, mechatronic systems facilities, availability and utilization mechatronic systems facilities in high institution as well as way forward in the provision of mechatronic systems facilities in higher institutions. Conclusions were drawn and recommendations include among others, Government should provide adequate facilities to higher institutions workshops using current strategies identified to ensure acquisition of relevant skills, and knowledge and experience that are relevant to the growth of the country
- Abdulkadir, M. (2011). Assessment of teaching-learning practices in practical motor vehicle mechanic work at technical college level in Niger State, Nigeria. Unpublished MTech thesis, Federal University of Technology, Minna.
- Akele, S. M. G., Okoh, H. C. V, Ejiofor, V. & Alimasunya, E. (2011). Mechatronics automobiles and the roadside auto-mechanics: Challenges and vision 20:2020. Auchi: The 1st International Conference on Engineering and Technology (ICET 2011), School of Engineering, Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi
- Alciatore, D. & Histand, M. (2015). Introduction to mechatronics and measurement systems, 3 ed. New York: McGraw-Hill Higher Education.
- Anaele, E. (2012). Building construction skills needed by technical college students for self emplovment. Technology and Research Journal, 1(1), 23-33.
- Asilokum, B. A. (2004). Development and managing Schools. 17th Annual NATT Conference- Abuja. 94-97.
- Asiyai, R. I. (2012). Assessing school facilities in public secondary schools in Delta State, Nigeria. African Research Review International Multidisciplinary Journal, 6(2), 192-205.
- Audu, R., Kamin, Y. B. & Balash, F. (2013). Technical vocational education: As a veritable tool for eradicating youth unemployment. International Organization of Scientific Research Journal of Humanities and Social Science, 8(2), 10-17.
- Dhall, R. & Solanki, V. (2017). An IoT based predictive connected car maintenance approach. International Journal of Interactive Multimedia and Artificial Intelligence, 4(3), 16-22.
- Dokubo, C. & Dokubo, I. (2013). Identifiable problems inhibiting the effective management of vocational education programme in Nigeria Universities. European Scientific Journal, 9(22), 1857-7431.
- Ekpo, C. M. (2010). The portrait of my teacher: An inestimable resource. The 25th Inaugural Lecture of the University of Uyo, Uyo.: University of Uyo press Ltd.
- Etuk, E. N & Asukwo, O. U. (2015). Challenges of Teacher education and teaching in Nigeria. Journal of Research and Development in Education, 5(2)160-169.
- Fenker, M. (2014). Organizational Change Representations and Facilities. U.K: Taylor Francis.
- Harshama, F., Tomizuka, M., & Fukuda, T. (2006). Mechatronics-what is it, why, and how? IEEE/ASME Trans. on Mechatronics, 1(1), 1-4.
- Hassan, M. M & Hassan, A. M (2010). Strategies for effective utilization and maintenance of physical facilities in technical schools. Proceeding of 20th NATT Annual Conference Kaduna
- Jacob, P. (2012). Assessment of the functionality and utilization assessment of instructional facilities in teaching and learning automobile technology in tertiary institutions in South-South, Nigeria. Unpublished PhD thesis, University of Nigeria Nsukka.
- Kelani, R. A. (2017). Assessment of the adequacy and utilization of wood work equipment for skill acquisition in technical colleges in Lagos and Osun States. Unpublished M.Ed. Thesis. Department of Vocational Teacher Education, University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
- Keys, L. K. (2011). Mechatronics, systems, elements, and technology: A perspective. IEEE Transactions on Components, Hybrids, and Manufacturing Technology 14(4), 457-461.
- Longman. (2000). Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English. England: Pearson Education Limited
- Okah-Avae, B. E. (2015). The science of industrial machinery and system maintenance. Ibadan: Spectrum Books Ltd.
- Schweitzer, G. (2016). Mechatronics basics, objectives and examples. Journal of Systems and Control Engineering, Proc. 2(10), 1-11.
- Shetty, D. & Kolk, R. A. (2017). Mechatronic System Design, 2nd edition. Boston, MA: PWS Publishing Company.