Main Article Content
Climate change is accelerating, putting crucial foundations of environmental, social, and economic growth in jeopardy. Climate change signals seem to be very real for many African countries. For several years, Somalia has been one of the countries that has faced unique climate variability and climate change problems duetoan extreme conflict, environmental degradation and a lack of a stable government. The aim of this study was to understand thepattern relationships between rainfall and temperature in past 1901 to 2015 through retrospective study design. The results show that climate variability was experienced t= 56.395, DF=10, P: 0.000, R=.526a, R2=.277, .205, Std.1.00820andF=3.834. Lastly, the study recommended that April and May are the best months for plantingcrops.
- Barton MG, Terblanche JS, Sinclair BJ (2019). Incorporating temperature and precipitation extremes into process-based models of African lepidoptera changes the predicted
- distribution under climate change. Ecological Modelling 394:53-65.
- Graff Zivin J, Hsiang SM, Neidell M (2018). Temperature and human capital in the short and long run. Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists 5(1):77- 105.
- Grbec B, Matić F, Paklar GB, Morović M, Popović R, Vilibić I (2019). Long-term trends, variability and extremes of in situ sea surface temperature measured along the eastern Adriatic coast and its relationship to hemispheric processes. In: Meteorology and Climatology of the Mediterranean and Black Seas. Birkhäuser, Cham. pp. 311-326.
- Innocent, O. N., James, K. K., John, N. M., Evelyn, W. C., & George, N. G. (2020). Urban climate variability trend in the coastal region of Mombasa Kenya. African Journal of
- Environmental Science and Technology, 14(8), pp. 214-221
- IPCC Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (2007) Climate Change 2007: impacts, adaptation and vulnerability. Summary for policy makers. Available
- at: www.ipcc.cg/SPM13apr07.pdf (accessed 3 November 2012).
- M. Nyatuame, V. Owusu-Gyimah, F. Ampiaw, “Statistical Analysis of Rainfall Trend for Volta Region in Ghana”, International Journal of Atmospheric Science, vol.2014, Article ID 203245, 11 Pages, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1155/2014/203245
- Mellander PE, Jordan P, Bechmann M, Fovet O, Shore MM, McDonald NT, Gascuel-Odoux C (2018). Integrated climate-chemical indicators of diffuse pollution from land to water.
- Scientific Reports 8(1):944.
- The CIA World Fact Book 2018-2019 (2018). Skyhorse Publishing, New
- Tierney, J. E., Ummenhofer, C. C., & deMenocal, P. B. (2015). Past and future rainfall in the Horn of Africa. Science Advances , Vol. 1, no. 9, e1500682.
- Tierney, J. E., Ummenhofer, C. C., & deMenocal, P. B. (2015). Past and future rainfall in the Horn of Africa. Science Advances , Vol. 1, no. 9, e1500682 https://advances.sciencemag.org/content/1/9/e1500682.full
- Turco M, Jerez S, Doblas-Reyes FJ, AghaKouchak A, Llasat MC, Provenzale A (2018). Skilful forecasting of global fire activity using seasonal climate predictions. Nature Communications 9(1):271-278.
- United Nations (2006) United Nations Fact Sheet on Climate Change.
- York, United States of America.