Main Article Content
This paper examined the problems facing development of Artificial intelligence (AI) education in Nigerian Schools. Secondary data were used in the paper. The data were collected from print and online publications. The paper concluded that Artificial intelligence (AI) can be applied in preparation of students result report, school administration, aid effective learning, effective teaching implementation (intelligent tutoring), virtual learning environment and effective data management. The paper also identified funding problems, shortage of AI teachers, inadequate infrastructure facilities (laboratories), shortage of instructional materials and lack of sound AI curriculum as problems facing development of teaching and learning of AI in Nigerian schools. Based on tis problems identified, the paper hereby suggested the following: increment in funding of education; employment of Al professionals, provision of modern infrastructure facilities and development of sound Al curriculum for al level of education.
2. Bojorquez, H & Vega, M,. M. (2023).The Importance of Artificial Intelligence in Education for All Students. https://www.idra.org/resource-center/the-importance-of-artificial-intelligence-in-education-for-all-students/
3. Copeland, B.J (2022). Artificial Intelligence. https://www.britannica.com/technology/artificial-intelligence
4. Frankenfield, J, (2023). Artificial Intelligence: What It Is and How It Is Used https://www.investopedia.com/terms/a/artificial-intelligence-ai.asp
5. Jegede, D. & Diaka, P. E. & Ogunode, N. J. (2021) Challenges Preventing the Use of Information and Communication Technology(s) for the Teaching and Learning of Christian Religious Studies in F.C.T, Abuja, Nigeria. Central Asian Journal of Literature, Philosophy and Culture, 2(8), 10-21.
6. Language magazine (2023). The Importance of Artificial Intelligence in Education for All Students. https://www.languagemagazine.com/2023/05/31/the-importance-of-artificial-intelligence-in- education-for-all students/#:~:text=AI%20can%20also%20help%20teachers,to%20reach%20their%20full%20pote ntial.
7. Laskowski, N,.B. & Tucci, L. (2023) artificial intelligence (AI) https://www.techtarget.com/searchenterpriseai/definition/AI-Artificial-Intelligence
8. Ogunode, N,. J. & Ukozor, C,. U. (2023). Curriculum Revolution in Higher Education: The Mighty Role of Artificial Intelligence. Indonesian Journal of Innovation Studies Vol. 25 (2023), 6-11
9. Ogunode, N,. J. &Ahaotu, G. N. (2021). The effects of incessant closure of schools on school administration in Northern Nigeria. International Journal of Innovative Analyses and Emerging Technology 1(4), 98-103
10. Ogunode, N,. J. Ahaotu G. N. & Obi-E,. U. (2021) Effects of insecurity on school administration in Nigeria. Middle European Scientific Bulletin, 13. 94-102
11. Ogunode N,. J., Ayoko, V,. O & Orifah, V. (2023). Digitalization of Post-Basic Education and Career Development (PBECD) in Nigeria: Problems and Way Forward. European Multidisciplinary Journal Of Modern Science (19), 30-42
12. Ogunode, N,. J. Abdulrazak, A. Abubakar, J,. A. (2023).Digitalization of Educational Institutions in Nigeria: Benefits, Problems and Solutions. World of Semantics: Journal of Philosophy and Linguistics. 13-24
13. Ogunode N,. J, Okwelogu, I,. S,.&Yahaya, D, (2021) Inadequacy of Information Communication Technology (S) in Public Universities in Nigeria: Causes, Effects and WayForward. Middle European Scientific Bulletin, Vol, (17) 334-354.
14. Ogunode N. J, Attah, G,. E. & Ebute, J. (2023) Investment in Education in Nigeria: Barriers and Way Forward. European Journal of Higher Education and Academic dvancement 1 (2), 61-71
15. Ogunode N.J. & Jegede D. (2020).Challenges of using ICT for the administration of secondary schools in Nigeria and the Ways Forward. Unpublished Article
16. Ogunode. N, .J, Okwelogu, I. S, & Olatunde-Aiyedun, T.G (2021) Challenges and Problems of Deployment of ICT Facilities by Public Higher Institutions During Covid- 19 in Nigeria. International Journal of Development and Public Policy, 1(5),162-174
17. Ogunode N.J, Somadina, O, I & Yahaya D., M (2021) Inadequacy of Information Communication Technology (S) in Public Universities in Nigeria: Causes, Effects and Way Forward, Middle European Scientific Bulletin (17), 344-354
18. Ogunode, N,. J & Josiah, H,. F. (2023). Deployment of Instructional Materials in Basic Schools in Nigeria: Impact, Challenges and Implications for Decision Making By School Administrators. International Journal of Inclusive and Sustainable Education 2(1)
19. Ogunode, N.J. & Paul, S.A. (2021). Shortage of professional teachers in Nigerian educational institutions and the way forward. Journal of Ethics and Diversity in International Communication 1(4).8-15
20. Ogunode, N.J. & Madu, C.O. (2021). Education financing in Nigeria: problems and the way forward. International Journal of Development and Public Policy. 1(5), 162-172
21. Plitnichenko, L (2020). 5 Main roles of artificial intelligence in education. https://elearningindustry.com/5-main-roles-artificial-intelligence-in-education
22. Sang, G., Valcke, M., Van Braak, J., &Tondeur, J. (2010). Student teachers’ thinking processes and ICT integration: Predictors of prospective teaching behaviors with educational technology. Computers & Education, 54(1), 103-112.
23. Westagilelabs (2022).How Artificial Intelligence (AI) is transforming education: 8 cutting-edge applications. https://www.westagilelabs.com/blog/8-applications-of-artificial-intelligence-in-education/