Main Article Content
The status of Jerusalem lies at the heart of Palestine-Israel conundrum. Its disputed status is pelagus forsit for the resolution of the intractable Palestine conflict. The Palestinians have always regarded Eastern Jerusalem as capital of their future state under Two-nation solution. On the other side, Israel declared in 1998 to further expand Jerusalem by annexing the surrounding areas as well. This paper investigates the Trump administration’s stance on relocating the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, its implications for Palestinian state and broad reactions of the world community.
- Merisheimer J Johan, and Stephen M. Walt. The Israel Lobby and U.S Foreign Policy. Penguin, 2008.
- Shenon, Philip. “Israel Said to Assure U.S. on Jerusalem Expansion.” New York Times, June 23, 1998.
- Gladston, Rick “U.S. Faces Blunt Criticsm at U.N Over Jerusalem Decree”. New York Times, Dec. 8, 2017.
- Freeland, Jonathan. “Donald Trump’s Jerusalem statement is an act of diplomatic arson”. Guardian, Dec. 6, 2017.
- Crawford, James. The Creation of States in International Law. Oxford University Press, 2007.
- Johnson, Jenna. “I will give you everything’. Here are 282 of Donald Trump’s campaign promises.” Washington Post, Nov. 28, 2016.
- Dougard, Johan. Recognition and the United Nations. Cambridge University Press. 1987.
- Green, David. “This Day in Jewish History// 1980: Israel Enacts the Symbolic ‘Jerusalem, Capital of Israel’ Law”. Haaretz, Jul. 30, 2015.
- Friedman L, Thomas. “Foreign Affairs; O Jerusalem”. New York Times, May 14, 1995.
- Michki, Judith. “Trump’s Jerusalem decision very worrying”. Politico, 7 July 2017.
- Landlar, Mark. “For Trump, an Embassy in Jerusalem Is a Political Decision, Not a Diplomatic One”. New York Times, Dec. 6, 2017.
- Sayej, Loureen. “President Trump’s Recognition of Jerusalem: A Legal Analysis”. Oxford Human Rights Hub Blog, Dec. 11, 2017.
- Sampathkumar, Mythili. “UN Jerusalem vote: General Assembly rules against US, declaring recognition of Israel capital ‘null and void’ ”. Independent, Dec. 21, 2017.
- Albawaba News. “Inter-Parliamentary Union in Geneva Votes in Support of Jerusalem as Palestine’s Capitol”. Mar. 26, 2018.
- Baltimore Sun. “Embassy Move has damaged peace process”. May 14, 2018.
- Voice of America.“Obama Endorses Two-State solution for Arab-Israel Conflict.” Nov. 2, 2009.
- Al Jazeera. “UN Resolutions on Occupied East Jerusalem”. Dec. 7 2017.