Main Article Content
The study examined corporate sustainability accounting and financial performance of listed construction companies in Nigeria. The specific objective of the study was: among others to; examine the relationship between community’s environmental costs and earnings per share of listed construction companies in Nigeria, examine the relationship between human capital development costs and earnings per share of listed construction companies in Nigeria. examine the relationship between social community development costs and earnings per share of listed construction companies in Nigeria. Ex-post facto research design was employed. The population of the study was the six (6) listed construction companies with complete financial statements in the Nigerian Stock Exchange 2022.The instrument of the study is secondary data. The formulated research questions were analysed with descriptive statistics, while simple regression analysis was adopted to test the hypotheses. The findings of the study among others were that; there is no significant relationship between community’s environmental costs (CEC) and earnings per share (eps) of listed construction companies in Nigeria.
- 1. Yalkhou & Dorweiler, (2013). Flawed working capital loan policy and loan default: Evidences from Bangladesh. Journal of Accounting, Business and Management, 11(2), 202-213.
- 2. Nnamani, et al. (2017). Accounting for accounting: towards the development of a dialectical view. Journal of Accounting, Organizations and Society, 12(5), 437-456
- 3. Utile, (2016). Activity-based costing and the lean enterprise, Journal of Cost Management, 2 (2),6-14
- 4. Brown, et al. (2016). A contingency model of the association between strategy, environmental uncertainty and performance measurement: Impact on organizational performance. International. Journal of Business Review,13(6),23-45.
- 5. Bennett and James (1997), Management accounting information: It’s impact on company’s growth. Journal of Information systems, 4(2), 8-9
- 6. (Donaldson & Preston, 1995; Epstein & Widener, 2011). Empirical managerial accounting research: Are we just describing management accounting practice? European Accounting Review, 11(4),787-794.
- 7. (Anthony, 1965; Henri & Joumeault, 2009). Relevance lost: The rise and fall of management accounting. (MA, Harvard Business School Press).
- 8. Schaltegger & Wagner (2006). Applications of contemporary management accounting techniques in Indian industry. International Journal of Chartered Management Accountant, 64(8), 8-13.
- 9. Kleindorfer, et al. (2005), Contingencies influencing the management accounting practices in Estonian manufacturing companies. Journal of Management Accounting Research, 13 (4), 379–400.
- 10. Elkington, (2004). Eco-control: The influence of management control systems on environmental and economic performance. Journal of Accounting, Organizations and Society, 35(1), 63-80.
- 11. Ainia, & Deddy, (2014). Advanced management accounting techniques in manufacturing: Utilization, benefits, and barriers to implementation. International Journal of scientific research and management,3(1), 47-49.
- 12. Henerson and Pierson (2014). Nigeria: Despite Growth, Manufacturing Sector's Contributions to GDP Remain Static. The Guardian, https://allafrica.com/stories/201902130064.html.
- 13. Elkington (2004), Managerial accounting: Creating value in Global business Environment. (9thed). McGraw Hill International Edition.
- 14. Unerman & O’Dwyer, (2007). Modelling cost behavior: linear models for cost stickiness. Academy of Accounting and Financial Studies Journal, 15(1), 25-34.
- 15. Dutta and Bose, (2008). Linking environmental uncertainty to non-financial performance measures and performance: A research note. Journal of British Accounting Review, 37(4), 471-481.
- 16. Agbiogwu, et al. (2016). Management accounting: information for decision-making and strategy execution, 6(2), Pearson Education Ltd.
- 17. Bermiss, et al. (2013). Process-Oriented Managerial Accounting. International Advances in Economic Research, 22(5) 225-227.
- 18. According to Richard (2009). The role of management accounting in creating and sustaining competitive advantage: a case study of Equity Bank, Kenya. (Unpublished Master of Commerce Thesis, University of South Africa). http://uir.unisa.ac.za/handle/10500/5047
- 19. Kaplan and Norton (1992). A contingency framework for the design of accounting information systems. Journal of Accounting, Organizations and Society, 1(1) 59–69.
- 20. Freeman (2004), Professiona1 accounting bodies. Disciplinary procedures: Accountable, transparent and in the public interest? The European Accounting Review, 10(4),725-749.
- 21. Clarkson (1995). Report of the Committee on the Financial aspects of Corporate Governance. International Journal of Business Research and Management, 10(2), 342-349.
- 22. Popa, et al. (2009), Current trends in budgeting and planning: Czech survey initial results. International Journal of Advance Economic Research, 22(1), 99-101.
- 23. Raymond. et al. (2016). The application of management accounting techniques in Malaysia companies. A paper presented at The Asian Management Accounting Forum. 2(1) 208-19.