Main Article Content
The main objective of the current study is to determine the direct and indirect impact of the dimensions of entrepreneurial mindset (innovation, Pro-activeness, quick action / alertness, creativity) in achieving marketing ambidexterity in its dimensions (exploration, exploitation, marketing flexibility).
This work used the statistical analysis method and the descriptive analytical method., the nature of relationships between the study variables was reached, and then the hypotheses were tested.
Using the questionnaire form, primary data was collected from a random sample of (173) employees of companies for small and medium enterprises in Baghdad, Iraq. The study found significant relationships between the dimensions of entrepreneurial mindset and marketing flexibility.
The study showed the importance of entrepreneurial mindset in achieving marketing ambidexterity in stimulating the behavior of managing small and medium enterprises to achieve competitive advantage.
2. Adiwijaya, K., Wahyuni, S., Gayatri, G., & Mussry, J. S. (2020). Does marketing ambidexterity boost marketing performance? Empirical evidence in Indonesia’s consumer goods. Journal of Global Marketing, 33(4), 266-288.
3. Amah, E. (2017). Pro-activeness and survival of small and medium scale enterprises in Nigeria. Journal of Small Business and Entrepreneurship Development, 5(2), 67-72.
4. Anwar, G., & Abdullah, N. N. (2021). The impact of Human resource management practice on Organizational performance. International journal of Engineering, Business and Management (IJEBM), 5.
5. Cho, H. J., & Pucik, V. (2005). Relationship between innovativeness, quality, growth, profitability, and market value. Strategic management journal, 26(6), 555-575.
6. da Silva Marinho, E., González, M. O. A., Galvão, M. S., de Araújo, A. C. C., Rosa, M. S. C., & Pereira, J. R. (2016). Relationship between creativity and product innovation: a literature review. Product: Management and Development, 14(1), 32-37.
7. Diaka, H. S., Soom, A. T., & Asenge, E. L. (2018). Entrepreneurial mindset and performance of small and medium scale enterprises in Makurdi Metropolis, Benue State-Nigeria. International journal of Innovation, 6(2), 124-146.
8. Dianova, A., & Nahumury, J. (2019). Investigating the effect of liquidity, leverage, sales growth and good corporate governance on financial distress. Journal of Accounting and strategic Finance, 2(2), 143-156.
9. Ellonen, R., Blomqvist, K., & Puumalainen, K. (2008). The role of trust in organisational innovativeness. European Journal of Innovation Management, 11(2), 160-181.
10. Elshaer, I. A., & Sobaih, A. E. E. (2022). I Think I Can, I Think I Can: Effects of Entrepreneurship Orientation on Entrepreneurship Intention of Saudi Agriculture and Food Sciences Graduates. Agriculture, 12(9), 1454.
11. Endres, A. M., & Harper, D. A. (2013). ‘Wresting meaning from the market’: a reassessment of Ludwig Lachmann's entrepreneur. Journal of Institutional Economics, 9(3), 303-328.
12. Goldsmith, R. E., & Foxall, G. R. (2003). The measurement of innovativeness. The international handbook on innovation, 5, 321-330.
13. Hamdan, Y., & Alheet, A. F. (2020). Influence of organisational culture on pro-activeness, innovativeness and risk taking behaviour of SMEs. Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Issues, 8(1), 203.
14. Handayati, P., Wulandari, D., Soetjipto, B. E., Wibowo, A., & Narmaditya, B. S. (2020). Does entrepreneurship education promote vocational students’ entrepreneurial mindset?. Heliyon, 6(11), e05426.
15. Haynie, J. M., Shepherd, D., Mosakowski, E., & Earley, P. C. (2010). A situated metacognitive model of the entrepreneurial mindset. Journal of business venturing, 25(2), 217-229.
16. Ho, H., Osiyevskyy, O., Agarwal, J., & Reza, S. (2020). Does ambidexterity in marketing pay off? The role of absorptive capacity. Journal of business research, 110, 65-79.
17. Hult, G. T. M., Hurley, R. F., & Knight, G. A. (2004). Innovativeness: Its antecedents and impact on business performance. Industrial marketing management, 33(5), 429-438.
18. Im, S., Bhat, S., & Lee, Y. (2015). Consumer perceptions of product creativity, coolness, value and attitude. Journal of Business Research, 68(1), 166-172.
19. Im, S., Montoya, M. M., & Workman Jr, J. P. (2013). Antecedents and consequences of creativity in product innovation teams. Journal of Product Innovation Management, 30(1), 170-185.
20. Jemal, S. (2020). Effect of entrepreneurial mindset and entrepreneurial competence on performance of small and medium enterprise, evidence from litrature review. International Journal of Management & Entrepreneurship Research, 2(7), 476-491.
21. Josephson, B. W., Johnson, J. L., & Mariadoss, B. J. (2016). Strategic marketing ambidexterity: Antecedents and financial consequences. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 44, 539-554.
22. Keerativutisest, V., & Hanson, B. J. (2017). Developing high performance teams (HPT) through employee motivation, interpersonal communication skills, and entrepreneurial mindset using organization development interventions (ODI): A study of selected engineering service companies in Thailand. ABAC ODI Journal Vision. Action. Outcome, 4(1).
23. Kouakou, K. K. E., Li, C., Akolgo, I. G., & Tchamekwen, A. M. (2019). Evolution view of entrepreneurial mindset theory. International Journal of Business and Social Science, 10(6), 116-129.
24. Kouropalatis, Y., Hughes, P., & Morgan, R. E. (2012). Pursuing “flexible commitment” as strategic ambidexterity: An empirical justification in high technology firms. European Journal of Marketing, 46(10), 1389-1417.
25. Kuratko, D. F., Fisher, G., & Audretsch, D. B. (2021). Unraveling the entrepreneurial mindset. Small Business Economics, 57, 1681-1691.
26. Laplume, A. (2010). Heuristics for strategic ambidexterity: Balancing exploration and exploitation over time in varying environments. the degree of Doctor Of Philosophy, Department of Business Administration, Asper School of Business, University of Manitoba.
27. Morris, M. H., & Tucker, R. (2023). The entrepreneurial mindset and poverty. Journal of Small Business Management, 61(1), 102-131.
28. Naumann, C. (2017). Entrepreneurial mindset: A synthetic literature review. Entrepreneurial Business and Economics Review, 5(3), 149-172.
29. Nayyar, J., & Sohail H. Naqvi, S. (2013). Proposed model of entrepreneurial mindset for the state government higher education institutions in Pakistan. Journal of Enterprising Communities: People and Places in the Global Economy, 7(2), 167-182.
30. Ngek, N. B. (2015). Entrepreneurial self-efficacy (ESE) and small business performance: The mediating effect of entrepreneurial mindset and openness to experience. Problems and Perspectives in Management, (13, Iss. 4 (contin.)), 271-280.
31. Piffer, D. (2012). Can creativity be measured? An attempt to clarify the notion of creativity and general directions for future research. Thinking skills and creativity, 7(3), 258-264.
32. Rialti, R., Marzi, G., Caputo, A., & Mayah, K. A. (2020). Achieving strategic flexibility in the era of big data: The importance of knowledge management and ambidexterity. Management Decision, 58(8), 1585-1600.
33. Saeed, M., Adiguzel, Z., Shafique, I., Kalyar, M. N., & Abrudan, D. B. (2023). Big data analytics-enabled dynamic capabilities and firm performance: examining the roles of marketing ambidexterity and environmental dynamism. Business Process Management Journal, 29(4), 1204-1226.
34. Sebastian, F. T. M. (2013). The use of mahua oil in achieving a sustainable business model in rural entrepreneurship. AU-GSB e-JOURNAL, 6(1).
35. Sutanto, E. M., Lau, E., & Ezra, A. (2021). Entrepreneurial Mindset, Orientation, and Performance of University Students in Indonesia (Doctoral dissertation, Petra Christian University).
36. Tariq, E., Alshurideh, M., Akour, I., & Al-Hawary, S. (2022). The effect of digital marketing capabilities on organizational ambidexterity of the information technology sector. International Journal of Data and Network Science, 6(2), 401-408.
37. Timm, L. B. (2010). La función social del derecho contractual en el código civil brasileño: justicia distributiva vs. eficiencia económica. RIIM, 5.
38. Voss, G. B., & Voss, Z. G. (2013). Strategic ambidexterity in small and medium-sized enterprises: Implementing exploration and exploitation in product and market domains. Organization Science, 24(5), 1459-1477.
39. Wang, C. L., & Ahmed, P. K. (2004). The development and validation of the organisational innovativeness construct using confirmatory factor analysis. European journal of innovation management, 7(4), 303-313.
40. Yasir M., Bacaksiz P., (May 2023); Customer Capital and its Role on Promoting Entrepreneurial Marketing: The Case of Small and Medium Enterprises in Iraq, International Journal of Transformations in Business Management, Vol 13, Issue 2, 46-59, DOI: http://doi.org/10.37648/ijtbm.v13i02.004.
41. Yim F., Anderson R., & Swaminathan S. (2004). Customer relationship management: its dimensions and effect on customer outcomes. Journal of Personal Selling & Sales Management, 24(4), 265– 280.
42. Zupan, B., Cankar, F., & Setnikar Cankar, S. (2018). The development of an entrepreneurial mindset in primary education. European Journal of Education, 53(3), 427-439.