Main Article Content
This paper definitely attempts to intermingle them with regard to structural analysis. It adopted the theory of Gerard Genette, the analysis of the famous novel Great Expectations by Charles Dickens, the main discussion concerns order and duration whereas frequency is ruled out. Consequently, order can be presented by two different narrative techniques; through the profound analysis of analepsis and prolepsis to show the chronological and anachronological order of the novel.. A further analysis of the novel also includes the alternation of the four narrative movements of duration which are divided into techniques of deceleration; descriptive pause and scene whereas techniques of accelerations; ellipsis and summary. The diagrams and tables of the study aim to reach semi-statistical deduction for the chronological techniques of anachronism and its effect on the structure of the narrative time of the novel as whole, which gives a general idea about the system of the time in novel
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
In submitting the manuscript to the International Journal on Integrated Education (IJIE), the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- The publication has been approved by the author(s) and by responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
License and Copyright Agreement
Authors who publish with International Journal on Integrated Education (IJIE) agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the International Journal on Integrated Education (IJIE) right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the International Journal on Integrated Education (IJIE) published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- Abrams , M,H. (1993) A Glossary of literary Terms .6th ed. Holt, Rinehart and Winston, inc. New York ; Harcourt Brace College Publishers.
- Abrams , M,H. et al (1967) The Norton Anthology of English Literature. Vol.1.USA Bal, Mieke. (1985) Narratology. Trans. Christine van Boheemen. Toronto: U of Toronto P.
- Crystal, David.( 1987).The Cambridge encyclopedia of language. Cambridge, England: www.librarything.com/work/273) Cambridge University. Cody, David. Dickens: A Brief Biography , Hartwick College.
- Dickens, Charles. By Angus Calder (1960-61) . Great Expectations. Great Britian,Penguin Books.
- Gerard Genette (1980) Narrative Discourse, New York: Cornell University Press,.(1983).
- Nouveau discours du récit. Paris: Seuil.
- ]4984[ )4988( .------------------Narrative Discourse Revisited. Trans. Jane E. Lewin.
- Ithaca: Cornell UP.
- Hugh C. Holman (1972) A Handbook to literature 4thedition . USA . The Odyssey press.
- Imad, Khalid Madi (2008) The structure of the Novel, AbdAllah Algazali;A study in narrative techaniques in the narrative Tabout.M.A. Omar Alokhtar university ..Libya.
- Onega, Susan; García, Landa, José, Angel. (1996). Narratology: London: Longman.
- Ricouer.P.(1985) Time and the Narrative. London. University of Chicago press,Ltd.
- Rimmon-Kenan, S. (1983) Narrative fiction, London and New York: Routledge Rimmon Kenan, S. (1983) Narrative Fiction: Contemporary Poetics.London.Methuen.
- Todorov, Tzvetan. 1969. Grammaire du Décameron. Mouton: The Hague.