Main Article Content
The article analyzes the concept of strategic competence in aspect of the problem developed by the author of teaching a foreign language communicative activity. The competence-based approach is recognized as the leading approach in the training of specialists of any profile. The presence of such professional competencies as a specialist’s possession of the ability to communication in oral and written forms in English for solving problems of professional communication, interpersonal and intercultural interaction are decisive in the selection of candidates for position. The content characteristics of the sought-for concept are described, through the prism of which it is proposed author's definition of strategic competence and its component composition.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
In submitting the manuscript to the International Journal on Integrated Education (IJIE), the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- The publication has been approved by the author(s) and by responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
License and Copyright Agreement
Authors who publish with International Journal on Integrated Education (IJIE) agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the International Journal on Integrated Education (IJIE) right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the International Journal on Integrated Education (IJIE) published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
-  Key competencies and educational standards: report by A.V. Khutorsky at the Department of Philosophy of Education and Theoretical Pedagogy of Education. April 2002 M .: Center “Eidos” // A.G. English: a competence-based approach to teaching. Volgograd: Teacher, 2008. 191p.
-  Dover M.V. Formation of strategic competence and development of a bilingual linguistic personality. // Electronic journal Psychological Science and Education. 2009. №. 3. P. 1-13.
-  Timofeeva T.I. Formation of strategic competence of students in communicative activities in the process of teaching a foreign language: diss. Cand. teacher. sciences. Ulyanovsk: UlSTU, 2011.136 p.
-  Galskova N.D. Modern teaching methodology foreign languages. Moscow: ARKTI, 2003.192 p.
-  Solovova E.N. Methods of teaching foreign languages: Basic course of lectures. M.:Education, 2003. 239 p.
-  Zimnyaya I.A Key competencies as a target-oriented basis of a competence-based approach in education. M.: Research. Center for quality problems of training for Specialists. 2004.
-  Aleshanova I.V., Frolova N.A. Foreign language communicative competence in the structure of professional competence of students of a non-linguistic university. // Academic journal of Western Siberia. 2010. № 1. P. 41-42.
-  Krasilnikova E.V. Foreign language communicative competence in the research of domestic and foreign scientists // Yaroslavl Pedagogical Bulletin. 2009. №.1. P. 179-184.
-  Sokolova T.A. Methodology for the formation of vocabulary strategies in teaching reading for students of a non-linguistic university. Abstract of a dissertation for a scientific degree candidate of pedagogical sciences. Irkutsk. 2009.
-  Tsvetkova N.I. Formation of strategic competence at the initial stage of teaching a foreign language. // Philological sciences. Questions of theory and practice. №. 3 (14). 2012.Р. 98-101.
-  Kareva L.A. Using strategic competence in teaching oral communication in aspect of the dialogue of cultures: diss. ... Cand. teacher. sciences. M MGLU, 2000.252 р.
-  Tolmacheva T.A. Methodology for teaching students communication strategies of foreign language speech behavior in everyday situations of intercultural communication: diss. ... Cand. teacher. sciences. Gorno-Altaysk. 2009.247 р.
-  Molchanova Yu.A. Formation of compensatory strategies among students of a non-linguistic university in a foreign language class.
- URL: http://vernadsky.tstu.ru/pdf/2009/06/rus_11_2009_06.pdf
-  Canale, M. Theoretical basis of communicative approaches to second language teaching and testing / M.Canale, M.Swain // Applied Linguistics. 1980. №. 1. P.27-31