Main Article Content
The purpose of this study was to determine the implementation of 2013 curriculum-based learning in sociology subjects at SMAN 1 Gunuang Omeh. The implementation of the curriculum 2013 in this sociology subject that is studied in this study is the planning for implementing the curriculum 2013-based sociology learning as outlined in the teacher's lesson plan (RPP), the curriculum 2013-based learning implementation which aims to make students more active, creative and innovative in the learning process, then the obstacles faced in implementing -based learning the curriculum 2013 in sociology subjects at SMAN 1 Gunuang Omeh, and the strategies used in implementing the curriculum 2013-based learning. This study used a qualitative approach with a descriptive research type. The subjects of this study were the vice-principal of the curriculum, sociology teachers, and several students of class XI IPS. Data collection techniques used in the study were interviews, observation, and documentation. The data analysis technique used in this research is data analysis by Miles and Huberman, namely collecting data, reducing data, displaying data, and drawing conclusions. The technique of checking the validity of the data used in this study is the data triangulation technique. Based on the results of the study, it was found that the implementation of 2013 curriculum-based learning had been carried out in SMAN 1 Gunuang Omeh, but the curriculum 2013-based learning implementation was only implemented for X and XI classes, for class XII still using the 2006 Curriculum (KTSP). Obstacles faced in implementing the curriculum 2013 in sociology subjects at SMAN 1 Gunuang Omeh include: First, the availability of facilities and infrastructure that is incomplete so that it is not able to support the implementation of 2013 curriculum-based learning. Second, the lack of availability of textbooks and supporting books. students can use it. Third, the competence of teachers who do not understand the characteristics of the implementation of 2013 curriculum-based learning. Fourth, the assessment system is not by the implementation. Fifth, the burden and duties of teachers and students increase.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
In submitting the manuscript to the International Journal on Integrated Education (IJIE), the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- The publication has been approved by the author(s) and by responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
License and Copyright Agreement
Authors who publish with International Journal on Integrated Education (IJIE) agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the International Journal on Integrated Education (IJIE) right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the International Journal on Integrated Education (IJIE) published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- 1. Kurniasih, I and Sani B. 2014. Implementation of the 2013 Curriculum Concepts and Applications. Surabaya: Said Pena
- 2. Usman, M U. 2007. Becoming a Professional Teacher. Bandung: Youth Rosdakarya
- 3. Moleong, J L. 2005. Qualitative Research Methodology (revised edition). Bandung: PT Pemuda Rosdakarya.
- 4. Moleong, J L. 2007. Qualitative Research Methodology. Bandung Youth Rosdakarya
- 5. Anwar, I and Amir Y H. 2000. Educational Administration: Theories, Concepts, and Issues. Postgraduate Program, Bandung: Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia
- 6. Kurniasih, Imas and Berlin Sani. 2014. Implementation of the 2013 Curriculum Concepts and Applications. Surabaya: Said Pena