Main Article Content
The application of the learning model "Project-Based Learning" with the help of "Historical Comic Digital" can improve learning activities and student learning outcomes. The type of research used is classroom action research (CAR) with a qualitative approach which is carried out in two Cycles. The research subjects were students of class VII.C at SMPN 4 Bukittinggi with a total of 30 students. The data collection technique used is in the form of student learning activity observation sheets and student learning outcomes tests. The data were analyzed descriptively. The results showed that the activity of students in carrying out learning activities in the first Cycle (75.19%), in the second Cycle increased to (88.89%). The activity of students when listening to other groups' presentations in Cycle I (71.11%) increased to Cycle II (81.11%). The activity of students when doing group assignments in the first Cycle (84.07%), in the second Cycle, increased to (92.96%). The cooperation of students in groups in the first Cycle (77.04%), and in the second Cycle increased to (85.92%). The ability of students to conclude the first Cycle (68.52%), and in the second Cycle increased to (77.78%). Student learning outcomes have increased incompleteness and the average value of learning outcomes. The learning outcomes of students in the pre-Cycle of students' completeness are 40%, the percentage of incompleteness is 60%, the average value of the class is 68.73. Student learning outcomes in the first Cycle of student completeness is 76.66% and incomplete is 23.33% the class average score is 80.03. Student learning outcomes in the first Cycle of student completeness is 93.33% and incomplete is 6.66% with an average grade of 85.53. Thus, the application of the project-based learning model can improve learning activities and student learning outcomes in class VII.C at SMPN 4 Bukittinggi.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
In submitting the manuscript to the International Journal on Integrated Education (IJIE), the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- The publication has been approved by the author(s) and by responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
License and Copyright Agreement
Authors who publish with International Journal on Integrated Education (IJIE) agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the International Journal on Integrated Education (IJIE) right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the International Journal on Integrated Education (IJIE) published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- 1. Akdon. 2009. Education Management. Jakarta. PT Rineka Cipta
- 2. Wena, M. 2014. Innovative Learning Strategies Contemporary. Malang: Earth Literacy.
- 3. Abdi, Rizka Nugraha, et al. 2018. Application ofModel Project Based Learning to Improve Creativity and Science Learning Outcomes in Grade 5 Elementary School Students. Journal of KALAM CENDEKIA PGSD KEBUMEN. Volume 6 (4.1)
- 4. Kemmis, S & Mc. Taggart, R. 1992. The Action Research Planner. Australia: Deakin University Press
- 5. Sardiman, AM 2006. Teaching and Learning Interaction and Motivation. Jakarta: PT. King Grafindo Persada
- 6. Yamin, Martinis. 2007. Educational unit level based learning design. Jakarta: Echoing Persada Press
- 7. Arikunto, Suharsimi. 2011. Research Procedures A Practical Approach. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.
- 8. Slameto. 2010. Study and the Factors That Affect It. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.