Main Article Content
In the literature of learner characteristics in applied linguistics, learning attitudes, strategies and motivation have received most attention. These learner individual difference variables have usually been seen as background learner variables that modify and personalize the overall trajectory of the language acquisition processes (Dörnyei, 2009).It means the individual differences of learner affect the learning and teaching process. And also, without any motivation or positive attitude, there can hardly be a successful process of learning. The question why people learn foreign languages can be put forward.A variety of factors can create a desire to learn. Perhaps the learners love the subject they have chosen, or maybe they are simply interested in seeing what it is like. Perhaps, as with young children, they just happen to be curious about everything, including learning. So, there are given some results of research on individual learner differences and the role of motivation in learning.
In submitting the manuscript to the International Journal on Integrated Education (IJIE), the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- The publication has been approved by the author(s) and by responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
License and Copyright Agreement
Authors who publish with International Journal on Integrated Education (IJIE) agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the International Journal on Integrated Education (IJIE) right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the International Journal on Integrated Education (IJIE) published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- Dornyei, Z. (2005, 2009) The psychology of language learner: Individual differences in second language acquisition. Mahwah, N.J.: L. Erlbaum.
- Jeremy Harmer(2007,14) How to teach English.
- Liao (1996, 1).
- Ellis, R. (1994). The study of second language acquisition. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Jeremy Harmer(2007,19-20) How to teach English.
- Eva Eddy “On the involvement of cognitive processes in the acquisition of English grammar”.
- Trigos-Gilbert (1999)
- Thanasoulas (2002;4).
- Jeremy Harmer(2007, 20) How to teach English.
- Jeremy Harmer(2007, 21) How to teach English.