Main Article Content
The article deals with zoomorphic figurative means in H. Hosseini's novel "The Kite Runner". The scientific novelty of the study is because the functioning of zoomorphisms is studied based on the work of a bilingual writer within the framework of a cognitive-discursive approach. The study showed that the functioning of zoomorphisms in this novel is more variable, their use is characterized by an expansion of the scope of their meanings, as well as a restructuring of associative links, which confirms the existing thesis about a more flexible and dynamic creative consciousness of a bilingual writer.
In submitting the manuscript to the International Journal on Integrated Education (IJIE), the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- The publication has been approved by the author(s) and by responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
License and Copyright Agreement
Authors who publish with International Journal on Integrated Education (IJIE) agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the International Journal on Integrated Education (IJIE) right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the International Journal on Integrated Education (IJIE) published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- 1. Afghan fairy tales and legends / comp., foreword. and note. K. A. Lebedeva. M.: Nauka, 1972. 280 p.
- 2. Glazunova O. I. Logic of metaphorical transformations. St. Petersburg: Piter, 2000. 190 p.
- 3. Lotman Y. M. Semiotics of culture and the concept of text // Lotman Y. M. Selected articles: in 3 volumes. Tallinn: Alexandra, 1992. Vol. 1. Articles on semiotics and typology of culture. pp. 129-132.
- 4. Nikitin M. V. Course of linguistic semantics. SPb.: Publishing house of the Russian State Pedagogical University im. A. I. Herzen, 2007. 819 p.
- 5. Ogdonova Ts. Ts. Zoomorphic vocabulary as a fragment of the Russian language picture of the world: diss. ... k. philol. n. Irkutsk, 2000. 162 p.
- 6. Pelevin M. S. Metaphors and Figurative Comparisons in the Language of the Afghan Tribal Chronicle // Bulletin of St. Petersburg University. Oriental and African studies. 2014. No. 1. S. 71-81.
- 7. Telia V.N. Metaphorization and its role in creating a linguistic picture of the world // The role of the human factor in language. Language and picture of the world. M.: Nauka, 1988. pp. 173-204.
- 8. Hosseini H. Running after the wind [Electronic resource]. URL: https://www.litres.ru/haled-hosseyni/beguschiy-za-vetrom/ (date of access: 02/07/2020).
- 9. Chernichkina E. K. Artificial bilingualism: linguistic status and characteristics: author. diss. ... d. philol. n. Volgograd, 2007. 29 p.
- 10. Elwell W., Comfort F. Great Bible Dictionary. St. Petersburg: Bible for everyone, 2005. 1522 p.
- 11. Fitzgerald F. S. The Great Gatsby [Электронный ресурс]. URL: https://www.planetebook.com/free-ebooks/the-great-gatsby.pdf (дата обращения: 05.02.2020).