Main Article Content
The teacher is the transformational media of all the knowledge needed by students. In addition, the role of teachers is very much needed especially in Islamic-based schools that always pay attention and prioritize students to continue their studies in college. To get closer and to build with high enthusiasm for the achievement of the priorities above, the researcher conducted research at second grade of Elementary School in Sidoarjo by knowing more about the leadership style of the principal in improving the work ethic of Islamic Education teachers. This study is entitled "The leadership role of school principals in improving the work ethic of Islamic Religious Education teachers at second grade of Elementary School in Sidoarjo". This research is a qualitative study, through a phenomenological approach that is a qualitative research approach rooted in philosophical and psychological and focuses on human life experiences (sociology) that produce descriptive data in the form of written or oral data from observable people's behavior. The form of research is descriptive qualitative research, namely research that describes an object relating to the problem conducted without asking research variables.The results of research on the role of principals in improving the work ethic of teachers of Islamic Education are as follows: (1) as educators: principals must have the right strategy to improve the work ethic of teachers and professional educators. (2) as a manager at school: the task of the manager is to plan something that can improve the work ethic of the teachers of Islamic Education and the quality of education, in addition the manager also organizes educational resources that have not been organized in order to unite in implementing education and control the implementation of educational outcomes . (3) as a motivator: the principal has a very close relationship with various activities in the school, such as providing motivation and encouragement, so the teacher is more disciplined and has a work spirit.
In submitting the manuscript to the International Journal on Integrated Education (IJIE), the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- The publication has been approved by the author(s) and by responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
License and Copyright Agreement
Authors who publish with International Journal on Integrated Education (IJIE) agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the International Journal on Integrated Education (IJIE) right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the International Journal on Integrated Education (IJIE) published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- 1. Mukhamad Ilyasin, dan Nanik Nurhayati, Manajemen Pendidikan Islam, Malang: Aditya Media Publishing, 2006.
- 2. M. Ngali Purwanto, Administrasi dan Supervisi Pendidikan, (Bandung: PT Remaja Rosda Karya, 2008.
- 3. Lexy J. Moleong, Metodologi Penelitian Kualitatif, Bandung: Remaja Rosda Karya, 2005.
- 4. Erna Widodo dan Mukhtar, Konstruksi ke arah Penelitian Deskriptif, (Yogyakarta: Avyrouz cetakan pertama, 2000.
- 5. H. M. Musfiqon, Metodologi Penelitian Pendidikan, Jakarta: PT. Prestasi Pustakarya, 2016.
- 6. Winarno Surachmad, Pengantar Penelitian Ilmiah, Bandung, Tarsito, 2003
- 7. W. Mantja. Manajemen peningkatan Mutu Pendidikan, Ilmu Pendidikan Jurnal Filsafat Teori dan Praktek Pendidikan, Malang: PPS IKIP, 1988.