Main Article Content
Rape is being alarming condition in Bangladesh day by day. Rape victims blaming are inherently linked phenomena, the existence of a rape culture which normalizes sexual violence and blames rape victims for the attacks against them create cultural violence in Bangladesh. For a result, the Government of Bangladesh increased the punishment of rape (death penalty). But the procedure to amend the laws is not accurate and is not given any debate upon the subject matter. As a result, this increasing punishment may be good for the future times or may be created as many as challenges which we cannot thinks in that normal period
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
In submitting the manuscript to the International Journal on Integrated Education (IJIE), the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- The publication has been approved by the author(s) and by responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
License and Copyright Agreement
Authors who publish with International Journal on Integrated Education (IJIE) agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the International Journal on Integrated Education (IJIE) right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the International Journal on Integrated Education (IJIE) published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- The Daily Star. (2020, October 01). Ain O Salish kendra report shows 975 raped in last Nine Months. Retrieved October 28, 2020, from The Daily Star: www.thedailystar.net
- Ain O Salish Kendra. (2020, October 1). Violence Against Women- Rape (January-September 2020). Retrieved October 29, 2020, from Ain O Salish Kendra: www.askbd.org
- Billah, S. M. (2020, November 02). Associate Professor, Department of Law, Jagannath University, Bangladesh. (Abdulla-Al-Mamun, Interviewer)
- Halim, B. A. (2020, November 01). Advocate, Supreme Court of Bangladesh. (Abdulla-Al-Mamun, Interviewer)
- Islam, A. (2020, October 14). Bangladesh: Death penalty for rape stokes heated debate. Retrieved November 15, 2020, from dw.com: https://www.dw.com/en/bangladesh-death-penalty-for-rape/a-55274731
- Kabir, D. L. (2017). Lectures on the Penal Code with Leading Cases. Dhaka: Ain Prokashan.
- Merriam Webster. (n.d.). Rape. Retrieved October 30, 2020, from Merriam Webste rDictionary: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rape
- Ministry of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs. (2020, October 13). Nari O Shishu Nirjatan Daman (Amendment) Ordinance, 2020. Retrieved November 5, 2020, from Ministry of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs: http://bdlaws.minlaw.gov.bd
- Ministry of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs. (2000, February 14). The Nari O Shishu Nirjatan Daman Ain, 2000. Retrieved October 30, 2020, from Laws of Bangladesh: http://bdlaws.minlaw.gov.bd/act-11/section-3231.html
- Ministry of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs. (1860, October 06). The Penal Code, 1860. Retrieved October 30, 2020, from Laws of Bangladesh: http://bdlaws.minlaw.gov.bd
- Rahman, G. S. (June, 2017). Commentary on the Philosophy of Law. Dhaka: Khoshroj Kitab Mohol.
- Sakib, S. N. (2020, October 08). Bangladesh: Thousands demand death penalty for rapists. Retrieved November 15, 2020, from Anadolu Agency: https://www.aa.com.tr/en/asia-pacific/bangladesh-thousands-demand-death-penalty-for-rapists/1999625
- Sen, J. (2020). Seven Reasons Why We Shouldn't Demand the Death Penalty for Rape. The Wire
- tbs news. (2020, October 13). Countries with the Highest Rape Incidents. Retrieved October 28, 2020, from tbs news net: www.tbsnewsnet/world/country
- toppr. (2015). Theories and Kinds of Punishment. Retrieved November 15, 2020, from Theories of Punishment: www.toppr.com
- World Population Review. (2020, October 13). Rape Statistics by Country 2020. Retrieved October 28, 2020, from World Population Review: www.worldpopulationreview.com