Main Article Content
For the period from January 2000 to June 2019, 1355 children with suspected foreign bodies of the respiratory tract were inpatient treatment and examination in the department of thoracic surgery of the 2 SamMI clinic. The main group of children consisted of children of the first 7 years of life (88.6%), of which the most numerous was the group of children of early age (56.3%). Of the 1355 children hospitalized with suspected foreign bodies of the respiratory tract, 407 (30.0%) had the diagnosis excluded, and 948 (70.0%) had the diagnosis confirmed. Among the examined patients, 858 boys (63.3%) prevailed, compared with 497 girls (36.7%). Children from rural areas prevailed 4.5 times over urban areas, 1107 (81.7%) versus 248 (18.3). 1162 (85.8%) children were admitted in a moderately serious condition. A serious condition was noted in 167 (12.3%) patients. An extremely serious condition when seeking help was observed in 24 (1.8%) children. In addition, children who aspirated organic foreign bodies into the respiratory tract 759 (80.1%) significantly prevailed, compared with children who aspirated inorganic foreign bodies 172 (18.1%). 17 (1.8%) have self-withdrawal.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
In submitting the manuscript to the International Journal on Integrated Education (IJIE), the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- The publication has been approved by the author(s) and by responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
License and Copyright Agreement
Authors who publish with International Journal on Integrated Education (IJIE) agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the International Journal on Integrated Education (IJIE) right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the International Journal on Integrated Education (IJIE) published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- Sotnikov V.N., Chernehovskaya N.Ye. The value of bronchoscopy in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with foreign bodies of the trachea and bronchi. Wedge. honey. 1990; 5: 49-52.
- Chernekhovskaya N.E., Vyrenkova N.Yu. Diagnostic and therapeutic bronchoscopy with prolonged presence of foreign bodies in the bronchi. Chest chir. 1990; 2: 52-57.
- Chernekhovskaya N.E., Andreev V.G., Povalyaev A.V. Therapeutic bronchoscopy in the complex therapy of diseases of the respiratory organs. M .: MEDpress-inform; 2008.110-119.
- Chernekhovskaya N.Ye., Fedchenko G.G., Andreev V.G., Povalyaev A.V. X-ray endoscopic diagnostics of respiratory diseases. M .: MEDpress-inform; 2007.230-237.
- Lukomsky G.I., Shulutko M.Ya., Viner M.G., Ovchinnikov A.A. Bronchopulmonology. M .: Medicine. 1982.
- Removskiy V.М. Consequences of prolonged stay of foreign bodies in the bronchi. Vestn. hir. 1976; 3: 29-32.
- Tarkka M., Antilla S., Sutinen S. Bronchial stenosis after aspiration of an iron tablet. Chest 1988; 93: 439-441.
- Levitin V.A. A case of obstruction of the left lower lobe bronchus by a fallen tooth with the development of atelectasis. Vestn. roentgenol. and radiol. 1987; 3: 86-87.
- Matveenko V.A., Khasanov L.G., Temnitsky Yu.M. Long-term stay of a foreign body in the trachea and right bronchus. Vestn. hir. 1989; 4:40.
- Paraschak P.V., Ryzhikh V.N., Lazechko O.P. Rare cases of foreign bodies of the bronchi. Vestn. roentgenol. 1987; 4: 85-86.
- Shamsiev Zh.A., Ruziev Zh.A., Zainiev S.S., Isakov A.M. Diagnostics and treatment of foreign bodies of the respiratory tract in children. InterConf. 2020/5/9: 376-383.
- Shamsiev Zh.A., Ruziev Zh.A. Diagnostics and treatment of foreign bodies of the respiratory tract in children. Herald of emergency medicine, 2020, volume 13, No. 4. 45-49.
- Shamsiev A.M., Shamsiev Zh.A., Ruziev Zh.A., Yusupov Sh.A. Emergency video bronchoscopy in the diagnosis and treatment of foreign bodies in the respiratory tract in children // Pediatric surgery, 2020, No. 10, volume 24 p. 93.